4 September 2018

Hello

And welcome to a brand new blog!

Here is the brief origin story of this blog: As both of my readers probably know, when I was a fresh orange belt in 2016 I started a blog called Kiai 101 for my karate club, to address some common questions that people coming to the basic course often have about training, etiquette, or the operations of my karate club in general. I felt that my position as a newcomer to karate gave me the required naiveté to “see” those questions and understand the level that they should be answered on, to best benefit the people just starting out on this never ending quest. From what I have heard, I didn’t completely fail!

Two years have passed, and Kiai 101 has served its purpose very well, and it will continue to serve it as long as needed. I won’t stop updating it with stuff that clearly belongs there - this isn’t a goodbye to the old! However, I have found that I’ve started to experience random streams of thought and questions that I want to flesh out and dump somewhere. Kiai 101 is not the place for them. This is. Maybe this will also be an opportunity for me to develop as a writer, who knows. Anyway, I’m still just starting out, so just like Kiai 101, this blog isn’t going to be a technical manual on how to best do karate, or any other martial art I might pick up.

This is just another stream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, I dare you...